The object of Fair Trade is to change the commercial relationship between countries in the North and South.
Our shopping habits have a decisive influence on the model of production and commercialisation. They also determine
the economic model of the countries in the South.
10 GUIDELINES FOR FAIRER WORLD
IN THE NORTH:
• Fair prices for producers
• Prefinancing of purchases
• Long-term commercial relationship
• Access to international market
IN THE SOUTH:
• Decent salaries and work conditions
• Erradication of child exploitation
• Equality between men and women
• Democratic functioning
• Respect for the environment
• Community development
S’Altra Senalla is an organization, founded in 1994, which works on Fair Trade in schools, promotes citizen awareness and spreads ethical practices to the business world and public administrations. It also commercialises a large variety of fair-trade products: food, handicrafts, textiles and cosmetics.